From what I have heard from our customers, it may be helpful to your grant request to know how Galley equipment matches the focus of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), as signed into law by Former President Obama on February 17, 2009. By clicking this link, you can read the full write up from the government.
At Galley, we have been consciously designing our products with the environment in mind. Each of these elements of our design is important in the selection of products to be used within commercial establishments.
galley serving lines
improve food Quality
Food Quality is improved by proper temperature maintenance and proper holding techniques.
- At Galley, our hot wells are manufactured in accordance with National Sanitation Foundation Standard 4 (NSF STD 04) which simply states that the foods are to be held at no less than 165 degrees. Hot foods taste better and are healthier.
- At Galley, our cold wells are manufactured in accordance with National Sanitation Foundation Standard 7 (NSF STD 07) which simply states that the foods are to be held at no more than 40 degrees. Cold foods served cold taste better and are healthier.
- At Galley, our food shields and body components are manufactured in accordance with National Sanitation Foundation Standard 2 (NSF STD 02) which simply states that the food shields block breath in a manner dictated by NSF and that the body is easily cleanable without tools. Such components display foods attractively and retard germs.
- With Hot Air, we can heat to 500 degrees, just like an oven. Moreover, the air stays hot. The air heats the food from all four sides and bottom at a constant temperature. The foods heat more evenly and hotter. In addition, because of the high-efficiency design, these wells use one-half to two-thirds less energy than conventional wells.
galley serving lines
improve food safety
Food Safety is improved by proper temperature maintenance and proper holding techniques.
- At Galley, our hot wells are manufactured in accordance with National Sanitation Foundation Standard 4 (NSF STD 04) which simply states that the foods are to be held at no less than 165 degrees.
- At Galley, our cold wells are manufactured in accordance with National Sanitation Foundation Standard 7 (NSF STD 07) which simply states that the foods are to be held at no more than 40 degrees.
- At Galley, our food shields and body components are manufactured in accordance with National Sanitation Foundation Standard 2 (NSF STD 02) which simply states that the food shields block breath in a manner dictated by NSF and that the body is easily cleanable without tools. Such components retard germs and discourage harborage.
- NEW! Patented Energy Efficiency! New patented energy-efficient hot wells use 1/2 (one half) the energy and keep foods above 160º.
- New cold barrier keeps foods under 40º per HACCP and NSF guidelines.
- Galley food shields are “safety glass” and not Plexi Glas.
- Galley food shields lift up for each cleaning and access.
- Galley tray slides include “backing plates” to stop spillage.
- Galley serving lines are manufactured to UL standards.
- Galley materials meet four (4) fire tests by UL:
- Surface flammability in accordance with ASTM E 162
- Smoke Generation in accordance with ASTM E 662
- Toxic Gas Generation in accordance to Boeing BSS 7239 and
- UL Standard 94-VO for low flammability.
GALLEY CUTS ENERGY USE
IN HALF & SAVES WATER
Galley patented heating methods cut energy consumption in half. Galley uses ½ the amount of electric to heat foods than that used by other serving line manufacturers.
- Basically, the hot well that we manufacture has a patented hot well design. This design results in Galley’s hot Wells Using ½ the Electric of other hot food tables by heating from all 4 sides and the bottom. Galley’s Patented Hot Wells Meet NSF Standard 04 for temperature performance using less energy than competitive designs. Only Galley manufactures energy savings hot wells. Only Galley’s hot wells heat from all four sides and the bottom and draw only 500 watts per well. 500 watts is half the power than competitors. This means lower electric bills and lower installation costs. Galley’s hot wells are designed to be used dry (without water). This saves on water usage.
- This design saves $80 per year per hot well in use four hours per day where electricity costs 12 cents per kilowatt-hour. Over the lifetime of the hot wells, the energy savings exceed the equipment costs. Not only do you save on energy, you also save a lot more in labor.
- Galley hot wells are energy efficient heating from all four sides
- Galley hot wells cost ½ to operate.
- Galley costs less to install because of lower power requirements.
- Using dry heat and avoiding water, saves on drains and the cost of sewage and waste treatment.
- Galley refrigerants cause less contamination to the air.
GALLEY GOES GREEN
USING RECYCLED CONTENT
And most important, approximately, 70% of our body materials are recycled content.
- Our intent is to use the maximum allowable recycled content in the material depending upon two variables. First, we have to have enough recycled regrind of the proper color to insure that we do not get color “bleed through”.
- Second, the available regrind has to have the physical properties that allow us to certify the material.
GALLEY SERVING LINES EXPAND PARTICIPATION
Foodservice is about making food look and taste better and keeping it at proper temperatures. Exciting new products from Galley enhance food’s visual appeal and entice your customers to reach for more!
Food service has never looked so good!
Galley dares to break through the sterile look of traditional stainless steel boxes with a style so unique and exciting—for one reason—to better display and merchandise food. Whatever you serve, the Galley system keeps your customers coming back again and again. Galley makes good food look even better, as well as saving you time, space and labor. The Galley system provides a totally new dimension in style and speed. The combination of superior materials and great design assures many years of attractive and highly functional service. Galley is down home good looking.
NEW! Eye-level Displays!
Put luscious food choices right under the nose of your customers with Galley eye-level displays. They attach to food shields so customers see more and you sell more.
NEW! See-through Service!
Provide a clear view of all the food choices you offer with Galley lift-up breath shields and see-through service shelves. The breath shields are made from safety glass with smooth, polished edges and no distracting trim.